In Part 1 of this blog post we covered the main control runbooks. In this post I am going to cover the main PowerShell script that will check if there is an update available on the Citrix website and download the update if a new version is found.
we will be creating the runbook that I called “Check for Update” in runbook 2
In this multi-part blog post I am going to show you have I have fully automated the deployment of the GoToMeeting Client each time there is an update.
In Part 1 we are going to go build three Orchestrator runbooks
- the first runbook will monitor when the process should run
- the second runbook will be the main control runbook
- the third runbook will Unzip the zip file if there was an update downloaded with the runbook we will build in Part 2
Microsoft has added System Center 2012 R2 to the volume licensing site.
In this blog post I am going to show you how to use variables with the send email activity. This will allow you to centralize your settings and allow for easier migration Continue reading
This is just a quick post to use as a reference for when writing powershell scripts for orchestrator. I will update this post in the future with other useful Import-Module powershell snippets as I write them or run across them in my runbooks.
The snippets that don’t say Remote connection next to them you need to have the powershell Cmdlets installed locally on your Orchestrator Server.
In my change request solution we have created a few new templates for Change Request. Unless I miss something it doesn’t seem that this a GUI interface that allows you to update the Category filed in the template or once the WorkItem is created. We are creating custom views for each different type of change request and since we utilized 3 of the 4 built in templates and just modified them they already had the category populated with the data I wanted to filter on. So I figured this would be a quick runbook to create.
Here is the layout of the runbook
When installing the Cloud Services Process Pack SP1 version, I ran into a few issues that are worth noting. On the Orchestrator Server
- If you don’t have an OrchestratorUsersGroup on the local machine because you selected a domain account during the install. You will need to create one this was covered by a blog post you can find here.
- Add your service account for Orchestrator and the account running setup if they are different to the OrchestratorUsersGroup.
SQL Version Requirement, I didn’t find any documented requirements searching the web and the admin guide quickly. On the configuration screen below I was getting an error “SQL Server 2008 was not found” My SQL Server was running SQL 2008 R2 SP2. After upgrading to SQL 2008 R2 SP2 CU5 I was able to proceed past the error.
I am now stuck at the step of importing the runbooks
One thing to check is that your powershell scripts are unblocked you can find details on that here, but that didn’t allow me to proceed any further in the setup.
Update: I was able to finish the install
The last change I made that allowed the setup wizard to finish was to open the runbook designer on the server, create a new runbook check it out, then delete it.
Few other items to note that I had recently done in troubleshooting was added the logged on user to the OrchestartorSystemGroup on the local machine and added the service account to the OrchestratorUserGroup on the local machine.
Here is the Technet forum post that provided the solution to the strange problem.
In preparing for the upgrade to SP1 for SCOM I decided to finally put in some alerting and simi-auto resolution to the settings for Veeam KB1036 that needs the SCOM agent reconfigured after every patch to the SCOM agent.
Issue: When the health service agent is upgraded with a CU/SP patch it stops reporting into the management server, this triggers a Health service alert but doesn’t directly tell everyone that we also just lost all of our monitoring into ESX.