Microsoft released the System Center Management Pack for Windows 8 Client Operating System it can be downloaded here.
- Key Processor Performance Indicators
- Logical and Physical disk Performance and free space
- Memory utilization
- Network Health
- Health monitoring of Key Windows OS Services
- Comprehensive performance collectors
- Availability and event reports
This Management Pack is only compatible with Opsmgr 2012
Update 1/30/2013: I don’t recommend this as a primary way to install the SCCM agent on computers now that there is a supported solution from Microsoft, this was just a temporary workaround until SCCM SP1 was released.
In this blog post I’m going to document the high level steps to get the SCCM agent (Pre beta 1) on Server 2012, Windows 8 and this can be used also as a secondary method to catch any machines that didn’t get the agent installed by client push or WSUS depending on your main deployment method for the client.