In this multi-part blog post I am going to show you have I have fully automated the deployment of the GoToMeeting Client each time there is an update.
In Part 1 we are going to go build three Orchestrator runbooks
- the first runbook will monitor when the process should run
- the second runbook will be the main control runbook
- the third runbook will Unzip the zip file if there was an update downloaded with the runbook we will build in Part 2
I recently needed to move the WSUS server that was synced with Config Manager. The first time I attempted to move WSUS to the new server I didn’t factor in that SCUP was also synced with WSUS/ConfigMgr and this resulted in some configuration errors in attempting to setup the new WSUS server when installing the software update point.
The SMS_WSUS_Configuration_Manager Component status giving me a 6603 error
In this blog post I am going to show you how to import the default Endpoint protection policies via the ConfMgr console or skip to the end for the powershell script to import them all at once.
Open assets and Compliance –> Endpoint protection –> antimalware Policies –> click Import
select the default policy you would like to importContinue reading
Microsoft has added System Center 2012 R2 to the volume licensing site.
I recently had to rebuild my machine, after getting Windows 8 reinstalled I started installing my System Center Consoles since I was in a hurry to work on a powershell script for a runbook in Orchestrator that connected to ConfigMgr my first two consoles I installed were ConfigMgr and Orchestrator then went on to deploy the Integration packs for Orchestrator. Most of the IPs installed without any issues but the System Center 2012 ConfigMgr and OpsMgr IPs failed to install. The error message in the Deployment Manger was not very helpful. “Fatal error during installation.”
Since I wasn’t sure where the log files were on the remote computer or what was the root cause of the issue fired up Process Monitor this quickly lead me to the log directory that can be found at
The new agent version number for the SP1 Cumulative Update 1 is 5.00.7804.1202.
The here is the query used to find machines with the new agent installed.
While troubleshooting some inactive SCCM clients I found that they had bad SMS Certs.
Symptoms of this were found in the locationServices.log
After upgrading to Service Pack 1, I needed to update my agent versions collections.
The new version number for the SP1 agent is 5.00.7804.1000
Here is my check list process I used to upgrade SCCM 2012 to SP1.
Useful links to read before my post as I have only covered major topics and have skipped basic things like running windows update before the upgrade.
Here is the official TechNet link for Backup and recovery for ConfigMan
Since my original post on issues with the SCCM agent and WMF 3.0. We have only uninstalled the WMF 3.0 update on systems that created major issues or have documented compatibility issues. I have found the WMI queries don’t report SQL Server data correctly.
Here is the Microsoft KB on how to fix this problem.
the common symptom I see is when attempting to run an application install that uses WMI to query the SQL version or any other information the setup wizrd reports either SQL is not installed or SQL is not the correct version.