Since my original post on issues with the SCCM agent and WMF 3.0. We have only uninstalled the WMF 3.0 update on systems that created major issues or have documented compatibility issues. I have found the WMI queries don’t report SQL Server data correctly.

Here is the Microsoft KB on how to fix this problem.

the common symptom I see is when attempting to run an application install that uses WMI to query the SQL version or any other information the setup wizrd reports either SQL is not installed or SQL is not the correct version.

In this blog post I will show you how to clean up the registry if you get the following error.

22:26:25]: Always: :Operations Manager Agent is also installed on the machine. Since we are upgrading Server we will remove Agent from this machine and add back the Agent Management group after server upgrade.
[22:26:25]: Always: :uninstalling product with product code: {5155DCF6-A1B5-4882-A670-60BF9FCFD688}
[22:26:25]: Debug: :GetFullPathBasedOnSetupLocation: Attempted to resolve a file at Z:SetupAMD64 but it wasn’t found there.  Will return an empty string.
[22:26:25]: Debug: :InstallItem.GetFullPath did not resolve a path with inputs SetupLocation,
Continue reading

If you are upgrading SCOM 2012 to SP1 I strongly suggest reviewing this post from the SCOM Engineering Blog http://blogs.technet.com/b/momteam/archive/2013/01/16/patience-is-a-virtue-with-the-system-center-2012-operations-manager-sp1-installation.aspx

most importantly check that your SQL settings are correct before starting. another important note if the Management Server upgrade fails it will uninstall the management server so make sure you plan for this before you start just in case(more important if you are using AD integrated agent assignment).

I ran into a simular issue that is noted towards the end of the post when trying to upgrade my first Management Server. Once the upgrade wizard got to the database upgrade step it failed about 20 mins into the database upgrade. When reviewing the setup log I found the following error (the log file can be found in %appdata%localSCOMlogs)
Continue reading

In preparing for the upgrade to SP1 for SCOM I decided to finally put in some alerting and simi-auto resolution to the settings for Veeam KB1036 that needs the SCOM agent reconfigured after every patch to the SCOM agent.

Issue: When the health service agent is upgraded with a CU/SP patch it stops reporting into the management server, this triggers a Health service alert but doesn’t directly tell everyone that we also just lost all of our monitoring into ESX.
Continue reading